Bearded Dragons are among the most popular pet reptiles in the hobby. Their interesting behaviors and docile nature make them an excellent pet for first time reptile hobbyists. All Bearded Dragons found in the USA are captive bred. Many different color morphs are becoming available making the Bearded Dragon a great choice for any level reptile keeper.
- Common Name: Bearded Dragon
- Scientific Name: Pogona vitticeps
- Distribution: Australia
- Size: 6-24″
- Life Span: 5-15 years
- Juvenile Bearded Dragons need a minimum 20 gallon terrarium. Juveniles can be housed together in a 30 gallon terrarium.
- Adult Bearded Dragons need a minimum 40+ gallon terrarium.
- Provide plenty of hiding and basking places.
- Thick branches, rocks or Mopani Wood is an excellent choice for climbing and basking.