Green Anoles are among the most recognizable reptiles in the hobby. This small species has very interesting behaviors and does well in captivity when cared for properly. Anoles are inexpensive animals; however the cost of maintaining them is similar to most other reptiles. Anoles make great terrarium pets, however handling them should be kept to a minimum.
- Common Name: Green Anole
- Scientific Name: Anolis carolinensis
- Distribution: Southeastern US & Coastal Texas
- Size: 5-8″
- Life Span: 3-5 years
- Anoles will need at least a 10 gallon terrarium. Do not keep males together because they are territorial and will fight.
- Zoo Med’s Naturalistic Terrariums are an excellent choice for Green Anoles.
- This species is arboreal so provide plenty of plants with sturdy branches for climbing.
- Provide filtration with Zoo Med’s Turtle Clean™ or 501 or 511 Canister Filters.
- A Repti Shelter™, Habba Hut™, or Cork Bark will provide a secure hiding place to help reduce stress.Green Anoles do well in terrariums with running water. Zoo Med’s Waterfall Kit™ is a great way to provide a naturalistic landscape and offer your reptile fresh running water.