Leopard Geckos are among the most popular pet reptiles and are an excellent choice for beginner hobbyists. Leopard Geckos stay small, are very docile, and are relatively easy to maintain in captivity. These geckos are beautifully marked and have fascinating personalities. Over the years breeders have developed many different color morphs that have become available to hobbyists at all levels.
- Common Name: Leopard Gecko
- Scientific Name: Eublepharis macularius
- Distribution: Pakistan, India and surrounding regions
- Size: 8-9″
- Life Span: 10-18 years
- Hatchling to juvenile Leopard Geckos can be housed in a 10 gallon terrarium. Young Leopard Geckos can be housed together.
- Adult Leopard Geckos will need at least a 20 gallon terrarium. Do not keep males together because they are territorial.
- Zoo Med’s ReptiHabitat 10 and 20 gallon terrariums are an excellent choice for Leopard Geckos.
- A Repti Shelter, Habba Hut, or Cork Bark will provide a secure hiding place to help reduce stress.
- Make sure that each gecko has a place to hide.